From the LiveWhale interface, click the "Galleries" tab. (If the Galleries tab does not appear, the administrator has not assigned the galleries module to you.)
If you are adding a gallery, click "Add a New Gallery", otherwise find the gallery you wish to edit and click it.
Whether adding or editing a gallery:
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your gallery.
- Enter a title for the gallery.
- If this content is especially important and you wish to flag it as such on your web site, click the star in the section labeled "Star content" in order to highlight it. By default this content will be shareable. If you wish to make it non-shareable, click the globe labeled "Share content" to un-highlight it.
- Enter a description of the gallery. This will also appear in the meta description tag when viewing a gallery's details.
- If you are editing a gallery, any existing images will be listed in the section labeled "Edit Images". Here you can change image captions, remove images, or reorder them by dragging an image by the crosshairs icon. Additionally, links are provided to set a custom thumbnail crop for each image, as well as to make a custom thumbnail for the entire gallery from one of the attached images.
- If your gallery has a location, you may plot it on a map. If your LiveWhale installation already has preset locations, you may begin typing into the space provided and locations will be suggested to you. If you cannot find an appropriate location, you may click "add a new Place". When adding a new place, you must provide a title and address. (For more information on managing places, please read "Managing Places".)
- If you wish to suggest this gallery to other groups, select those groups under the section called "Suggest this item to the following groups". For more information about sharing, see "Sharing your content with other groups".
- If you wish to allow public comments on this gallery, click the checkbox labeled "Allow users to post comments". When comments are posted, users are asked to identify themselves. Only logged-in LiveWhale users can see this identification, and can hide comments containing questionable content. Once comments are posted, you can manage them from the gallery editor for this gallery.
- Scroll back up and find the status menu at the top righthand corner of the screen. Choose the status for this gallery. "Live" will publish the gallery immediately. "Hidden" will hide it from the web site until you are ready to publish it.
- If you are editing an existing gallery, you will also see a "Delete" link next to the status, allowing you to delete this gallery. (See "Deleting a gallery" for more information.)
- Tag the gallery with any relevant tags. Tags help sort and classify galleries so that they can be directed to the proper location on your web site. You can click in the field labeled "Tags" and type a keyword; tags will be suggested to you. If you are unsure what tags are available in your group, click "Show all tags" to display them all and select the relevant ones.
- You may attach images to this gallery. Images are taken from your group's image library. To choose an existing image from your image library, click on each of the images you wish to add. If you want to upload a new image to attach to this gallery, click "Add images from your computer". Newly uploaded images will be added to the image library and attached to this gallery. (See "Attaching an image to a gallery" for more information.)
When done, click the "Save this gallery" button.