From the LiveWhale interface, click the “Events” tab. (If the Events tab does not appear, the administrator has not assigned the events module to you.)
There are two views from which events can be managed; the month view and the list view.
The month view displays events in your group in a familiar grid display.
From this display, you can navigate month to month by clicking the previous and next month titles beside the calendar.
To view events in list view for any date, click the numeric date for the desired day.
Events can be clicked to proceed to the edit screen.
From left to right, each event displays:
- A checkbox allowing you to select multiple events and perform bulk actions from the “With checked items…” dropdown menu. Available actions include: delete, remove tags, add star, remove star, share, unshare, set status, and add tag. Check the checkbox next to the events you wish to apply an action to, then select the desired action from this menu and click the “Go” button. Use the “select all” link to select all items in the list.
- A star. Click on the star to flag the event as important. These items can optionally be highlighted on your web page, or you may choose to only display starred events with your widget.
- The status menu. If you wish to change the status of events, select the appropriate status here. “Live” will publish the event immediately, “Hidden” will hide the item from your web site until you are ready to publish it.
- The event title. Click the title to edit the event.
- If the event is tagged, a list of these tags will appear beside it. Clicking a tag will tell the events manager to only show events with that tag.
- Beneath the event is its date.
- Use the preview link to preview this item as it will appear on the public web site.
When certain elements are modified (such as event status), a message saying “Your changes to this page have not been saved” will be displayed. Click the “Save These Changes” button to save the changes you have made.
If an event is a link to an external page, it will display a small link icon before the title. If the link appears to be broken, the link will display broken and highlighted in red.
If the event repeats, it will display a small repeating event icon before the title.
To add a new event, click the “Add a New Event” link.
A “Show by date” dropdown menu is available to display events occurring at different times (next 30 days, last 30 days, etc.)
A “Show by tag” dropdown menu is also available to display events tagged with the selected item.
The events manager is divided into sections, accessible by the links beneath the tab bar: Month View, List View, Registrations, and Import From Feed.
For information on managing events, please see “Managing events”.
For information on event registrations, please see “Managing event registrations”.
For information on importing events from a feed, please see “Import events from a feed”.