From the LiveWhale interface, click the "Blurbs" tab. (If the Blurbs tab does not appear, the administrator has not assigned the blurbs module to you.)
The manage blurbs screen will list all blurb types in your group, along with the total number of blurbs you have of that type.
Click a blurb type to view a list of blurbs.
From left to right, each blurb displays:
- A checkbox allowing you to select multiple blurbs and perform bulk actions from the "With checked items…" dropdown menu. Available actions include: delete, remove tags, remove balloons, move to archive, add star, remove star, share, unshare, set status, and add tag. Check the checkbox next to the blurbs you wish to apply an action to, then select the desired action from this menu and click the "Go" button. Use the "select all" link to select all items in the list.
- A star. Click on the star to flag the blurb as important. These items can optionally be highlighted on your web page, or you may choose to only display starred blurbs with your widget.
- The status menu. If you wish to change the status of blurbs, select the appropriate status here. "Live" will publish the item immediately, "Hidden" will hide the item from your web site until you are ready to publish it.
- The blurb's title. Click the blurb title to edit the blurb.
- If the blurb is tagged, a list of these tags will appear beside it. Clicking a tag will tell the blurbs manager to only show blurbs with that tag.
- Beneath the blurb is a summary of its contents along with its date.
- Use the preview link to preview this item as it will appear on the public web site.
- To the right of the blurb is the balloons feature, which will allow you to rank your blurbs according to their importance. The more balloons, the higher the blurb appears in blurb lists on your web site. Click the gray balloon to add more, and click on the red balloons to drop them back down in the list. When an item reaches the maximum ten balloons, it will become a gold balloon.
When certain elements are modified (such as blurb status), a message saying "Your changes to this page have not been saved" will be displayed. Click the "Save These Changes" button to save the changes you have made.
To add a new blurb, click the "Add a New Blurb" link.
Beside "Manage Blurbs" a dropdown menu is available to display blurbs in the selected type.
A "Show by tag" dropdown menu is available to display blurbs of the current type that are tagged with the selected item.
The blurbs manager is divided into three sections, accessible by the links beneath the tab bar: Blurbs, Archive, and Categories.
For information on managing blurbs, please see "Managing blurbs".
For information on the blurbs archive, please see "Managing archived blurbs".
For information on blurb categories, please see "Adding a blurb category".