From the LiveWhale interface, click the "Files" link.
If you are adding a file, click "Add a New File", otherwise find the file you wish to edit and click it. (If you wish to add multiple files at once, click "Bulk Add Files", however this may require that you go back and edit the newly added files once they've been created.)
Whether adding or editing a file:
Fill out the form with the relevant information for your file.
- Enter the title of the file.
- If this content is especially important and you wish to flag it as such on your web site, click the star in the section labeled "Star content" in order to highlight it. By default this content will be shareable. If you wish to make it non-shareable, click the globe labeled "Share content" to un-highlight it.
- Enter a brief summary describing the file.
- Scroll back up and find the status menu at the top righthand corner of the screen. Choose the status for this file. "Live" will publish the file immediately. "Hidden" will hide it from the web site until you are ready to publish it.
- If you are editing an existing file, you will also see a "Delete" link next to the status, allowing you to delete this file. (See "Deleting a file" for more information.)
- If you are editing an existing file, you will also see a "Direct link to this file" link beneath the status, allowing you to link directly to this file.
- Tag the file with any relevant tags. Tags help sort and classify files so that they can be directed to the proper location on your web site. You can click in the field labeled "Tags" and type a keyword; tags will be suggested to you. If you are unsure what tags are available in your group, click "Show all tags" to display them all and select the relevant ones.
- Under the section labeled "File", choose a file to upload. If you are editing an existing file, choosing a file here can be used to replace the existing file with a new version.
When done, click the "Save this file" button.